My main research areas are around domestic violence and aggression. Specifically I focus on women’s aggression and male victims and how this is affected by personality and psychopathology e.g. attachment patterns, personality disorders etc.
My current projects and collaborators are:
- Examining dark personality traits and their predictive power over aggression (with colleagues at Lund University in Sweden)
- Evaluating UK based perpetrator programmes as part of a world-wide review (with colleagues in the US)
- Designing a new measures of adult attachment to explore its predictive validity of IPV (with colleagues at UCLan)
- Examining police attitudes to male victims of domestic violence (with colleagues at Teeside University)
- Exploring experiences of victims of same-sex IPV (with colleagues at University of Cumbria and UCLan)
- Exploring implicit attitudes towards perpetrators of IPV (with colleagues at Edge Hill)